Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sept 2 - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

Today was a very slow day at the office. Very, very slow. I did next to nothing. And unfortunately one of my employees came crying to me (literally) when she got yelled at by the GM. He yelled at her about nothing, really, but she's been having a tough time lately anyway and it really affected her (and was completely unnecessary). I felt bad, but the guy is my boss so there isn't much I can say about it I guess. I basically just listened, which I think was the best course of action.

But enough about work. I'm home, and it's time to pack because it's a 4 day weekend and I'm going to Tokyo! So that should be good. Obviously. I did some planning at the office today while I wasn't working and now I'm super excited because there's lots of fun things to do in Tokyo. I already knew this, but after looking at them I really know it. So, I'm gonna order some xiaolongbao, and start packing. Then I'll go to a house party, but first packing.

And before packing, music. I got a lot of good music last week. One of those good items I got I already shared. That was Vicktor Taiwò, whose debut EP JUNO has been on repeat a lot since I bought it. Then there was the new Foals album, What Went Down, which I've talked about a lot leading up to it, and which gets better every time I listen to it. It doesn't live up to Holy Fire, their last album, but that is a tough task. Then there's another artist who I'm waiting until I have something good to write about in order to share on Facebook to get her more attention, so I won't mention her here. And then there's today's artist, Nathaniel Rateliff. He now has a band, The Night Sweats, and they just put out an eponymous album which is great. It's pretty straightforward folk-rock, a la Ray Lamontagne, and it sounds great. I've talked about Nathaniel Rateliff on the blog before, but I think this group effort is far better than any of his solo stuff, which I also liked very much. I absolutely love the guy's voice, and I think it really lends itself to this style as well. Today's song is I've Been Failing, one of the mellower tracks off the album, and maybe my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment