Thursday, September 17, 2015

Sept 17 - Kacy Hill

Today was rather uneventful, I guess. Just went to the office, and now back at the hotel. And not doing much else from here onwards. I'll skype my sister later tonight, but other than that I guess I'm just gonna watch some TV and order room service. Sounds like a good night!

One year after releasing Experience, her amazing debut single which I was obsessed with last year, Kacy Hill has finally put out another single, Foreign Fields. Apparently the delay came because right after putting out Experience, she got signed by Kanye to his GOOD Music label, and has been exploring and working on a debut album. So I guess this is the first song off of that upcoming debut album, although that hasn't been confirmed so it's just my assumption. But whether it is or not, it's a fantastic song (though I do still prefer Experience) and I'm excited to hear there's an album in the works. I did read an interview with her where she was talking about the direction she's going on the album, and what she said about it didn't exactly excite me, sadly. Her description made it sound like a departure from the sounds of Experience and Foreign Fields, and coming closer to something like pop music. Which would be a terrible decision not only because she makes such fantastic music, but also because this sound is why Kanye signed her in the first place. In articles I read, they were all making the connection between Kacy Hill and James Blake, who Kanye apparently says is his favorite artist, with good reason, and the connection is definitely there when you listen. So I assume Kanye would be quite disappointed as well, not just me. She has been working with one of the guys from Kate Boy, who I'm not crazy about but who I'm intrigued by, so I'm just going to keep believing that her music will be just as fantastic as her two singles make me believe it will be, and not misinterpret what she says. But for now I'm very happy to know that there's another great single out there from Kacy Hill, and I can't wait for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment