Saturday, September 26, 2015

Sept 26 - Georgia

I think I already mentioned yesterday that I was spending my last Friday in Shanghai at happy hour and Shabbos dinner, both of which were great. After dinner, though, I found myself back at JZ Club. It's a jazz club, not a club club, and it turns out it's right around the corner from my new apartment. I used to love this place when I was studying in Shanghai and I haven't been back since 10 years ago. In fact, I had my birthday there 10 years ago, which ended with me being carried out, having cake thrown in my face, then being lain on the street by my friends as they stood over me and took pictures of me passed out and covered in cake in a Chinese gutter. Good memories (well, very few actual memories. Thank God for the pictures). And I think I haven't been back there since, believe it or not. But it was awesome last night, and it's so close to my house which makes it even better, so I think that for my next birthday, the 10 year anniversary of the last JZ Club birthday, I will head back there again. Although hopefully in the last 10 years I've managed to grow up enough to not have to be carried out, but to walk myself out. I do have my doubts about that, though.

So suffice it to say, it was a late night. And now I'm on my way to Georgia, currently killing 4 hours in the airport in Urumqi on my layover. It's been a long travel day, starting at 6am, and made longer by the fact that I'm not flying Star Alliance so I don't get any priority or anything. I had to wait in line a long time at the airport this morning, which was not fun. And now a long wait in Urumqi with no lounge. Which actually is ok cause the lounge doesn't look great, and by not going to the lounge I got to watch Russian men drink baijiu while enjoying their KFC lunch (sadly I also had KFC lunch. Rather disappointing that there's no Xinjiang food to be had at the airport in Xinjiang) and I'm pretty sure I got to see 2 Chinese men finish having some sort of gay sex in a bathroom. I didn't see the sex, I'm just pretty sure I saw these two men come out of a tiny stall together. And no, they didn't wash their hands. So while this may not be the most exciting airport ever, there's plenty of fun stuff going on.

I already shared Georgia a couple weeks ago, but I did say that I'd be doing it again on the way to Georgia. Seems fitting. And as I'm no my way to Georgia, I am keeping my word and sharing Nothing Solutions with you today. It's my other favorite on the album, along with Move Systems which I shared last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment