Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sept 25 - Roger Sellers

I cant believe it's already like 3pm. I didn't go to the office today cause I was supposed to go to Toastmsters, which got cancelled, so I actually just stayed home. The idea was to finish setting up my new iPod (which I did) and pack (which I barely did and still need to fnish), but instead I got caught up working all day. Lame. I thought it would be an easy non-work day. But I'm about done with work, will be done with packing soon, and then on to happy hour, followed by Shabbos dinner at my friend Isaac's house. So should be a wonderfully relaxing afternoon/evening.

One positive result of the work is that I listened to a lot of music. And I have a (not so) new artist that I'm pretty excited about, Roger Sellers. He apparently has 4 albums (3 on bandcamp and 1 on a label), the newest one being called Primitives. It's wonderful, such a great album. I listened to it this morning and I want to own it. But then things got really weird. It's no longer on Spotify, I can't find it on iTunes, I can barely find any tracks on Soundcloud or Youtube - I don't know what happened in the last 8 hours to this album. But I'm determined to find it. I'm hoping that when I leave China my VPN will work a bit better and I can somehow find a place to download it when I'm "in" the UK or Australia or US or who knows where. I really wanted to share Spectrolite with you. That was the first song I heard and I immediately loved it. But I can't find it anywhere. Then I thought I might share Waves, because apparently it's the first single and I found a Soundcloud stream of it on an article, but the song doesn't actually exist on Soundcloud so I can't embed it. But on Soundcloud the one track I can find is Lates. It's one of the more chilled out songs on the album, a really beautiful one, but sadly doesn't have the sound of Spectrolite that I fell in love with. Still, it's a great introduction to this great artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment