Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jan 12 - Flyte

So this feels like it's pretty much straight out of the 80s. When the song first started, I was not at all convinced. But then it got to the chorus and I was. And then I listened to it like 5 times in a row and only stopped because I had to go to dinner. And then I came back from dinner and listened some more. And I know we're not even 2 weeks into 2015, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this will be one of my favorite songs of the year (even though technically it came out last year).

What song is this, you ask? Light Me Up, by Flyte. Again, Flyte is a band I know nothing about, although I think they're English. And they only have a handful of songs, it seems, by far the best of which is Light Me Up. It is also not on Spotify yet. At least, it doesn't seem to be on my Spotify, although their Facebook says they are, but it could just be some licensing thing. Point being, I can't wait for it to be available to me on Spotify.




Also, they somehow oddly remind me of Local Natives, even though I realize they are nothing like Local Natives.

No comments:

Post a Comment