Friday, January 16, 2015

Jan 17 - Tycho

We finally have another musical act that I want to see coming to Shanghai. Tycho will be playing tonight, which I'm looking forward to. I almost got to see them when I was in Germany, but it didn't happen. But my friend Beth saw them and said they were actually just ok. So I'm not really sure what to expect of the show.

They put out their 2nd (maybe 3rd, not sure if the first one counts as an album or EP), Awake, last year, and I really liked it. It came out early in the year and I was really into it at first, but later in the year I actually came to like it less and less. Still a solid album, though, with a few solid songs, like Montana.

So we'll see how tonight goes, but suffice it to say that I'm happy there is good music being performed live in Shanghai and I hope I get more. Although what I'm really excited about is Laneway next weekend in Singapore. That will be some good music. But until then, Tycho will do very well. Especially because I'll probably drink a fair amount, something I don't normally do at concerts, but I think this one will not be very visually stimulating so it could help.


No comments:

Post a Comment