Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jan 13 - James Bay

Since I'm only doing a song a day, it gives me the opportunity to share the single good song by an artist that I'm otherwise unimpressed with. One artist on this list is James Bay. I heard Let It Go somewhere, on some blog or playlist or something, and I loved it. I was immediately so impressed with this song. It's beautiful, and his voice is great. This song is killer. Having heard something this good, I was of course very, very excited to hear the rest of his music, and it's super disappointing. He kind of reminds me of Ed Sheeran in that sense. When Ed Sheeran's first album came out, there were a couple of fantastic songs, songs which I still love (A Team and Give Me Love, if you're curious), but the rest was just extremely mediocre. And then he put out a second album which is just not good. But at least there's those two gems.

If you are so inclined, you're more than welcome to go and listen to the rest of James Bay's music (of which there's not too much, so you might as well I guess), but you've been forewarned. Don't expect it to be as good as this.


No comments:

Post a Comment