Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jan 21 - Chet Faker

The actual schedule for Laneway was announced yesterday. Surprising that they do it less than a week in advance, but it is still a growing festival and there's not too many acts.

One of the best things about Laneway (in Singapore anyway) is that there are only 3 stages, 2 of which are each half of the same main stage. So basically, you can sit at the main stage all day and see pretty much every act. While one half is being set up for the next act, there is an act performing on the other half. So you also only have to wait like 5 minutes between acts. Fantastic.

This also works out really well when it comes to seeing everyone you want to. Except for this year, when I have to miss Chet Faker, who I rather enjoy. He's up against Banks and Little Dragon, though, so for me the choice is obvious. He put out a fantastic album last year, Built on Glass, which made it into my long list. I guess it's somehow his 2nd album, but the 1st album only had like 7 tracks, so I'm not sure why some people count it. It was like a pseudo-EP thingy. Anyway, you should listen to Cigarettes & Loneliness. My favorite track off of last year's album, one of my favorite songs last year, and luckily it is here for you now.




Another surprising announcement with the lineup is that FKA Twigs is apparently 2nd from last, a coveted position. Surprising when you're up against some heavyweights like Little Dragon and Banks.


No comments:

Post a Comment