Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jan 14 - Jose Gonzalez

I started getting a cold the other day, and now it's getting worse and worse. So I left work early and now here I am at home sitting on my couch, in my tiger onesie, taking medicine and drinking Lemsip, and watching American Idol. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon, and hopefully it makes me get better before the big weekend ahead.

Another good way to spend the afternoon is with Jose Gonzalez. He hasn't done any solo stuff for a while now, since he's been focused on putting out albums with his band Junip. I do enjoy Junip as well, but I much prefer his solo stuff. And now he's got a new album coming out this year, Vestiges & Claws, which I'm very excited about. He put out the first single, Every Age, late last year. And before that, he put out another track, This Is How We Walk On The Moon, which was part of the Red Hot + Arthur Russel, a compilation which also included a new track from Sufjan Stevens who also has a new album coming out later this year. Sadly, This Is How We Walk On The Moon won't be on his new album, but it's a great song, it made it into my playlist for best tracks of 2014, so enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment