Friday, January 9, 2015

Jan 9 - Sylvan Esso

I'm a little bit drunk. I had a work dinner tonight. Being the only white guy, everyone wanted to drink with me. Thank God I got away with only 3 shots of baijiu. For those of you who aren't in the baijiu know, consider yourselves lucky. For those of you who are, consider me lucky. I'm in Nanning, at best a 3rd tier city in a 3rd tier province, where they love nothing more thank drinking a bit (or a ton) of baijiu, and I made it through dinner on only 3 shots.

My 3 shots went like this "you are white and we are so happy to have you here so you must drink with us, and we have a tradition that when you drink one you drink three." That was pretty much it. That's when I realized that a) baijiu isn't so bad in small doses, and b) baijiu is terrible in anything more than very small doses. Emphasis on the very.

So I'm drunk. Ish. Not so drunk I guess. I haven't made too many typos, although the majority of that is due to the fact that I get red lines under words I spell wrong. Also I remembered to write this blog. I have no idea how, and no idea what song to share even though I have to pick a song in literally twenty seconds, but I'm here. That's gotta count for something.

So today's song, because I'm not drunk but too drunk to think about it more, is....

Sylvan Esso - Could I Be. My favorite new band of the year last year. My favorite album of the year last year. Hard to pick a favorite song but maybe one of my favorite songs off of the album (also listen to Hey Mami and Coffee and every other song they ever have and ever will make), but I do know this is a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment