Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Jan 27 - Bjork

One of the worst parts about these business trips is that, unless it's a long trip, I only take my work computer. Which means that when new music is released while I'm away I have to wait to get it. This happened twice last week. First was The Decemberists, who put out their new album What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World. Luckily their album was also released on Spotify so I could listen to it before downloading my copy.

Then there was Bjork, who also dropped her new album, Vulnicura, 2 months early, but not on Spotify. So I've been waiting like a week and a half to hear it, and finally got to this morning. It's a good album which I expect will grow on me. Very similar in style to Biophilia, which was something of a disappointment to me, but this one seems to have more life. My favorite track is definitely the opening, Stonemilker. And she's also got Antony of Antony and the Johnsons back on one track, which is not as good as The Bold Flame of Desire, but still a great song and I love how they sound together. So now you can enjoy Bjork in all her weird beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment