Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Jan 20 - Angus & Julia Stone

I'm up in Beijing because I had an event here today. I love coming up here. Not cause I love Beijing, this place is terrible, but all my closest friends are here and I love to see them. And I know this city. It still feels kind of like home. Maybe more than anywhere else in the world (aside from my actual home, of course).

Anyway, on to the Laneway leadup for the day. Today it's Angus & Julia Stone. Laneway is actually an Australian festival, but it travels around Australia, with stops in Singapore and a couple New Zealand cities as well. So a lot of the artists are Australian, including this wonderful brother & sister duo. I've been loving them for years. It also helps that I love the dual male/female vocalist bands. They did a bunch of stuff a while back, then they fought (as siblings do) and stopped making music (except for some solo stuff, which is also worth checking out, particularly Angus's side project Lady of the Sunshine). Last year they pulled it together and came back with a new, eponymous album that was pretty solid. I'm not sharing anything from that, though, I'm sharing what may be my favorite song by them, Silver Coin, off of their 2007 debut album A Book Like This.


No comments:

Post a Comment