Monday, January 5, 2015

Jan 6 - Jaymes Young

To continue yesterday's Sufjan and UFO themed blog post, we have the second song I found last week that samples him. Habits Of My Heart, the opening track on Jaymes Young's second EP, also titled Habits Of My Heart, samples the same song and really confused me when I heard it because it's a pretty obscure sample and finding two songs that both sample it in the same week is rather unexpected.

I know very little about this guy, but he's got 2 EPs under his belt and I'll be keeping an eye on him to see if there isn't an album or other new music in 2015.




And if you are so inclined, you can actually listen to both of his full EPs Soundcloud. Or also on Spotify. Whatever you want. The first one, Dark Star, might actually be better, but both are pretty good, although maybe a bit too poppy overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment