Friday, January 2, 2015

Jan 2 - Hiatus Kaiyote

Day 2 and I haven't forgotten already. That's a good sign. Especially considering that I technically forgot on day 1. But actually if you ask my blog, it seems to think I posted that at like 9am. So don't tell anyone.

If you're reading this, then you've noticed that I didn't share it to facebook as I usually do. I'll probably only do that when I have an actual story or something very exciting to share. But not every day. So check back if you're interested.

Today was pretty uneventful. It's a public holiday in China, so I have to work Sunday to "make up" for it. Pretty dumb, but that's what they do here. Anyway, I finished season 1 of Transparent, which is great. And one of the elevators in my building had a carpet installed while I was out at lunch. Totally random, but then this is China.

Today's song is from Hiatus Kaiyote, who I wrote about here when they put out their first album, Tawk Tomahawk. Their first album which was absolutely amazing and one of my favorite albums of 2012. And they should be releasing a new one this year. So last month they put out an EP, By Fire, which is actually only 3 songs so in my mind it's a single, but then I don't actually know what the difference is. This band's first album blew me away, and sadly the EP isn't as good as the album, but it's still nothing to complain about. They've gotten a bit more funky and a bit less neo-souly, but I love the last track on the EP, Molasses, so that's what you get today.


No comments:

Post a Comment