Sunday, January 18, 2015

Jan 18 - Future Islands

So I went to the Tycho show last night, and it was better than expected. They did have a few technical difficulties which led to like a 30 minute delay, and I was quite sure the show would actually be cancelled, but then it wasn't. And then it was better than I had hoped for.

On top of that, I went to the grilled cheese shop for lunch, which is one of my favorite places. Then I had a wonderful date, which surprisingly was someone I met on Tinder of all places. And finally I found out where to buy Cards Against Humanity and did. So all in all a good weekend.

Although what I'm really looking forward to is next weekend, when I go to Singapore for Laneway Festival. I went last year and it was great, and this year's lineup is pretty fantastic as well. It's also quite fortuitous that I have to be down in Dongguan for an event on Thursday, which involves flying in and out of Shenzhen, which happens to be very close to Hong Kong, where I happen to be able to get a super cheap flight to Singapore from. So everything just kind of worked out to make sure I could go to this festival.

So this week I'll probably be posting songs from acts I'm excited for, the first of which will be Future Islands. I've been listening to these guys for probably 2-3 years, and I think I'm finally starting to like them. Maybe. I'm still not sure. The turning point was when I saw a live performance they did on some TV show, and it was so intriguing and surprisingly great. The singer somehow manages to be so dynamic. So I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them next weekend in Singapore. And I actually do love a few songs by them anyway, like Seasons (Waiting On You), off of last year's Singles. Actually, it made it onto my best songs of the year playlist. It just sticks in my head somehow. Anyway, it's pretty typical of Future Islands, so if you don't like this, you probably won't like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment