Friday, January 2, 2015

Jan 3 - Daughter

Today I realized that I need a friend who works at the embassy so I can take advantage of their drop shipment privileges. I want a wireless hard drive and they're cheaper in the States, and don't ship to China. It's very annoying. I'm passing through Hong Kong in a few weeks on my way to Singapore, though, so I may check duty free there, or even try to get into the city where electronics are cheap. Or just check an electronics market here, but then there's no guarantee it's real. Anyway, if you know someone who works at the US Consulate in Shanghai, let me know. That'd be great.

And today we get Daughter, another band that I fell in love with and blogged about a while back. But I haven't ever shared my favorite song by them, The Woods, off of their first EP, His Young Heart. It wasn't my favorite at first, but the more I listened the more I fell in love, and now it is my favorite. Even more so than the fan favorite (and also incredible) Youth. This is total speculation at this point, but they did put out their album in 2013, and have recently finished up all kinds of tours, so I'm hopeful they're working on new music and maybe a new album for this year. But no word on that yet. Luckily we have many pretty things from them to tide us over for the time being.


No comments:

Post a Comment