Friday, January 23, 2015

Jan 23 - Banks

I just arrived in Singapore. It's pretty wonderful to be writing this without a VPN. Actually, I just realized that apparently I haven't left China for 3 months, which is pretty nuts. I feel like it's been less time because I've been traveling a lot inside China, still. But actually, I stayed in one country for 3 months straight. That's absolutely crazy to me. I don't know the last time that happened. And I'm not sure I want it to happen again if I'm being honest. I think I need to leave the country once a month. And that should work out for me at least for the first half of the year. So far, I've got Singapore in January. February I'll go to Japan for Chinese New Year. March I'm off to South Africa for a wedding, which actually spills over into April, but I should also be in Germany in April for work. May I should be in Korea for a long weekend. And in June or July I'm going home, so I'm pretty much on track for the first 6 months of the year.

But my original point was that I'm in Singapore. And Laneway is tomorrow. And I'm super fucking excited. I'm very excited for this pretty lady, Banks, who is one of the main acts. She was my most anticipated artist last year, and her debut album, Goddess, may not have made it into my top 10, but it did not disappoint at all. There are a lot of amazing songs on there. Only reason it didn't make it into the top 10 is because I don't think it worked as well as a whole album as some other albums did. But I do love it, and her.

It's actually very difficult for me to choose a song to share. Change may be my favorite. But then I also love Brain. And once the album came out I fell in love with Fuck 'Em Only We Know. But I think my current favorite is Drowning. So that's what you get. But go listen to everything anyway, and don't forget about the Snakehips Remix of Warm Water, because it's also a winner.


1 comment: