Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Au 26 - EL VY

So this business trip turned out to be better than expected. I thought the best part about it would be the fact that I get an extra week in America, a bit of per diem, and 2 free days in New York without having to take leave. But I actually managed to get a lot of good info from my US colleagues. And I ate a lot of barbeque. And some delicious tacos. So it was pretty worthwhile.

I also managed to listen to some new music. I've mentioned before that I'm really bad at keeping up with music while I travel. But I did today, and I found a couple of great new things. One of those things is EL VY. Actually. EL VY is just ok so far, but I am excited about them. It's a side project featuring Matt Berninger from The National and Brent Knopf from Menomena (who I actually have never heard but just know the name of). This song came on and I immediately thought of The National, mainly because of the vocals, and mainly because the vocals are done by the vocalist of The National. So go figure. But I had never heard of them and didn't know of any side projects from The National, so I looked it up and found out I was right and it wasn't just a sound-alike. Their first single, Return to the Moon (Political Song for Didi Bloome to Sing, with Crescendo) is the title track (minus all the stuff in parentheses) from their debut album which is out in October. It's a fun song, pretty poppy for something that I associate so closely with The National (thanks to the vocals), which is why I said they're just ok so far, but I am interested to see what they come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment