Sunday, August 16, 2015

Aug 16 - Sjowgren

I made it to America, safe and sound. Had a bit of a bumpy ride, which I didn't sleep well on. Not because of the bumpiness, just didn't sleep well. But I did watch The Neverending Story for the first time in probably 20 years, and it was not great. There is a lot of yelling in that film. Because of bad acting, not because yelling is necessary. But I stilled enjoyed it, from a purely nostalgic standpoint.

And then I landed and the magic began. The magic referring to how quickly I got through customs. Nobody was at the airport. It was nuts. I expected Newark to be crazy and have to wait in line for hours, but there was literally one person in front of me. I kind of want to fly in and out of Newark every time, if it's like then. Then I met my parents and ate a lot. Then I slept (not a lot, more would have been nice). Then I had coffee and brunch with my friend Laura. Then nap. Now here I am, waiting for my parents to get back from their 9/11 Memorial tour so we can go do something on this lovely, warm, sunny day in NYC, before a lovely dinner. So I thought I'd take the chance to write my quick blog. Also, I got my new phone back after it was repaired, same for my new iPod, and I'm not using a VPN. These are all good things.

Seventeen, the first single from Sjowgren, has been on my Spotify a few times since I first heard it in a couple weeks ago. I don't know much about this band, and they only have 3 other demo songs which are just meh, but this song I'm really digging. Looking forward to see what else they come up with, although I do get the feeling it will be somewhat disappointing. I guess we'll wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment