Monday, August 17, 2015

Aug 17 - Lykke Li

We just made it to Niagara Falls, on the Canadian side. It was a very long drive today. Much longer than necessary. What should have been 6 1/2 hours took about 12. We did have a 3 hour stop at the outlets on the way, so that was part of the reason, but still. It was a long day. But New York is pretty. And rural. I knew that it was rural, but like seriously, it's very rural. I'm sure it's great in Autumn though, what with all those trees. That's some prime peeping.

And now we're at our hotel, with a wonderful view of the Falls. Except for the fact that you can't see the Falls cause there's too much mist. So we can just see the mist. Maybe it'll be better in the morning. I'll let you know. But I'm excited to be here and go get a good look. And to be in Canada. I guess we're barely in Canada, but I don't think I've actually been to Canada since like high school. So this is nice.

And on the drive up today I put on a bit of old school Lykke Li. Her latest album, I Never Learn, came out last year and was a bit disappointing. But her older stuff is great. So this is an older song. Get Some, off of 2011's Wounded Rhymes.


No comments:

Post a Comment