Sunday, August 23, 2015

Aug 23 - Broken Social Scene

There were many wonderful things today and now I'm drunk. Too drunk to think about this. Or to recount tales. But trust me, they're good. And most importantly, the wedding was beautiful. So I had to think of a song. And what's better than some Broken Social Scene? Especially when you just spent much time talking to James Foley who I swear also introduced me to them. I really can't go wrong with their music. And I just went on their Soundcloud to see which song to share, which I thought would be easy cause most of the best songs are old, but all the best songs are on there. Lover's Spit, 7/4 (Shoreline), Anthems For A Seventeen-Year-Old Girl, World Sick... Also Feist and Amy Millan and all the wonderful things. I wanted to share Lover's Spit, but they have the Kevin Drew version, which is great but just doesn't work. But Anthems For A Seventeen-Year-Old Girl is a wonderful (and also kind of depressing) song in every incarnation. But still beautiful. Which means it can convey both the feeling and literal lyrical sentiment and emotion, so it's essentially perfect. Well done Broken Social Scene. You're great. And so is this.


No comments:

Post a Comment