Sunday, August 30, 2015

Au 30 - The National

I made it back to Sanghai in one piece, and am pretty much decided that I'm going to stop taking United. The flight itself was fine, but my entertainment didn't work, which also meant my reading light and call button didn't work, and I didn't really get much help from staff. I actually need to go complain to customer service, and probably stop taking United. But at least they've got plugs under the chairs, so I just watched movies on my computer. I didn't sleep much, though, so I am pretty much dying at the moment. It's like 8:30 and I've been fighting to stay awake while watching a movie for the last hour or so. I just need to make it to 9pm...

One of the films I watched on the flight was Mistaken For Strangers, the documentary about The National. The film was made by Tom Berninger, brother of the lead singer Matt Berninger, when the band brought him along on tour as a roadie for a year. So it's not just about them on tour, it's probably more about the relationship between Matt and Tom. Actually I didn't like the film very much and I found Tom extremely annoying, but I loved seeing the live clips of The National. They are amazing live, Matt goes absolutely nuts at their concerts. I managed to see them last year and it was probably one of my Top 5 shows. And to make it even better, St. Vincent was opening for them. Great lineup. The film was made during their High Violet tour, and High Violet is my favorite album by them, so it was great that most of the live clips were songs off that album. And that's why we're listening to Bloodbuzz Ohio, off of High Violet.


No comments:

Post a Comment