Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Aug 12 - Joanna Newsom

Today was a pretty uneventful day so far. Quiet day at the office with a bit of skyping the sister. This is a quiet week at the office, actually. Which is a nice way to go out. Tonight should be nice, though. Going to an anniversary event at one of the restaurants of one of Shanghai's best chefs. So hooray for that. Oh, also I ate leftover tinga for lunch today. Because I cooked tinga the other day. I don't even have to say tinga, just saying I cooked the other day is shocking enough. But I did.

Yesterday was something new, and today is something old. Well, new, but from someone old. After many years, Joanna Newsom is finally back with new music! She's got a new album, Divers, scheduled for release later this year (which the internet tells me makes 5 years since the release of her last album), and she's just put out the first single off of said album, Sapokanikan. It's less harp-y and more full band-y than some of the songs I love by her (ahem, '81), but nothing too different for her. Which is great. It's still got her quirkyness and personality all over it. So I'm a fan. It may not be her best song ever, but it's a solid comeback (if you can call it that), and sets what I'm hoping is going to be a good tone for her album.


No comments:

Post a Comment