Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mar 14 - Amason

I just had a wonderful Saturday. It's not even 10:00pm, but I am home, ready for bed, and feeling really good about it because my day was wonderful.

I have a friend who was in town, so his sister, who lives here, organized a boozy brunch today. I was supposed to go with my friend Mathias because I much prefer big group events like that if I'm with someone. But then Mathias and I got really drunk last night so he flaked. But I still went, and had a fantastic day. I spent like 6 hours at this bar with complete strangers, just drinking and having good chats. Then, me and some of the strangers liked each other so much that we went for dinner together at the grilled cheese place. In all fairness, they could have hated me but upon hearing that there is a grilled cheese place in Shanghai made the decision to put up with me for a few more hours just to know about this magic of which I spoke. Because it is magic. But, I'm gonna go with they loved me. Cause I rather liked them, and I'm fucking awesome, so it all makes sense.

Anyway, spent an entire day with strangers just having a great time, and then I came home early and I feel really good about it. In no small part because I have a lunch date tomorrow that I do not want to be hungover for. But also because after such a long day of hanging out and chatting, I'm happy to come home and have some me time.

And me time includes me music. And some good me music is Amason. Amason is a "Swedish" supergroup, which involves the singer from Miike Snow. And anything with Miike Snow is worth knowing about. Actually, their debut album is just ok, but there are some good songs on it, like Duvan, and as previously mentioned, they are a band worth knowing about. So now you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment