Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mar 24 - Bear's Den

Today was probably the most relaxed day of the whole trip so far. I woke up late, I went to the office for a few hours, and then I napped and watched House of Cards. What a holiday. I did go to Carol's place tonight (she's the one getting married) for dinner, which was originally supposed to be dinner for like 5 people and turned into dinner for like 25 people who all helped do crafty stuff for the wedding. I was on paper cutting duty. I would say I did acceptably at best. I hope nobody notices.

But tomorrow is exciting because I'm off on safari! So expect some pictures and stuff in the next blogs and on Instagram (assuming there's internet and/or phone service).

I also spent a good deal of time listening to music yesterday and today. That's something I don't usually do as much of when I'm on vacation, but this vacation has been pretty chilled out so I've been able to. And today I heard a cover of Coffee, a fantastic song by Sylvan Esso, as performed by Bear's Den. Two fantastic, and extremely different, bands, but Bear's Den has done an awesome job of owning this song and keeping it great. Sylvan Esso was my favorite album and favorite new act of the year last year. Bear's Den has been on my radar for a couple of years now and they also put out their debut album, which was a very solid effort. This track isn't on the album, but apparently it will be on an upcoming EP along with covers of a couple other songs. So I have that to look forward to now also.


No comments:

Post a Comment