Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mar 22 - El Perro Del Mar

Day 2 in South Africa was quite chill, but so far very successful. I managed to get a great, full night's sleep last night. For me, one of the best ways to get over jetlag is to get on a regular schedule as soon as possible. So after a delicious burger for dinner and a quick beer at the bachelor/bachelorette's party of my friend whose wedding I'm here for, it was home and in bed at a decent hour. Actually like 11pm. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

And then today was a successful day of shopping. I have money left here in the country from when I lived here, and it's basically worthless outside the country now. It's lost half of it's value since I earned it, so the goal is to spend it. So I bought myself a new suitcase, something I've needed for a while. Then I went to the Rosebank Rooftop Market, one of my favorite local markets here in Johannesburg, and bought some gifts for friends (and maybe for myself, too). Then Jewish Geography lunch which involved friends of my friend Candice from China, who are apparently also friends of my friend Lori here. Very small Jewish world. And of course what day would be done without a nap?

Tonight it's off to my friend Jodi's place for dinner. But until then, I may start House of Cards. And play you God Knows (You Gotta Give To Get), by El Perro Del Mar. I just heard it last week while watching Girls, a show that for some reason I continue to watch. It's enjoyable, I guess, but I don't know why I still watch, honestly. But the good thing is they often have good music. And while I'd heard El Perro Del Mar before, I wasn't a fan by any means. But this song is fantastic. Maybe the best song on this whole season of Girls. It reminds me a lot of Feist. I did listen to the album it came from after hearing this song, her 2006 eponymous 2nd album, but the album itself wasn't great. But I could listen to this song on repeat. And have.


No comments:

Post a Comment