Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mar 29 - Fink

So the wedding yesterday was really nice. I talked and ate and drank and had a generally enjoyable time. And I used Uber for the first time. I'm not really sure what else to say about it. It seems like a big event that I should write more about, but I feel like it would be pretty boring to just give a play by play or something. I mean, we've all been to weddings. But it was really nice, the bride looked beautiful, I got to see a couple of friends who I hadn't seen yet on this trip and have some good chats, I ate some good food, drank some good whiskey, the venue was nice, and I have no complaints.

And today I went to this event called Ice Cream Sunday where, you guessed it, they serve ice cream. It's actually a pretty fun event, this artisanal ice cream shop has paired up with a donut shop and some other company and they rent a space the last Sunday of each month and just serve up deliciousness, indie music, and sunshine. I love that stuff like this is popping up in Joburg. There was a bit of it when I lived here and it seems like there's more and more, which makes me happy.

So yeah, not much big news. And no big news in music either, just another good song. Today it's Keep Falling, the last track off of Fink's 2014 album Hard Believer. The album wasn't as good as some of his older stuff, but the last 3 tracks are all really great, and this one in particular sticks in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment