Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mar 22 - John Wizards

It is so surreal being back here. I landed this morning, picked up my car, and then got onto the road to come to the place I'm staying. I'm staying at the house of the family that adopted me when I lived here, the Wachenheimers. So, got on the highway and drove here as if nothing has changed at all. And really, it seems like nothing has. I've been gone for 2 years, but it doesn't feel like more than a couple of months.

It's been a pretty chill first day, just hanging out with the Wachenheimers for the most part. Then I ran over to see my friend Carol, the one whose wedding I'm here for. Which resulted in Nando's. The best. And post-Nando's, a trip to the biltong store. Even better than the best. Then dropped off a wedding dress and other things I schlepped here, and napped. Quite a relaxing day.

And it's wonderful to be back driving again. I love driving, and I love listening to music while I drive. And on long drives, also listening to podcasts. I've got a long drive coming up Wednesday and again Friday, when I go on my safari. Until then just short drives. But still good music time. And the first thing I listened to when I got back here was John Wizards. I didn't get into much South African music while I was here, and I actually only found John Wizards after leaving (I think they didn't exist until after I left), but they make very good, very strange, African electronic music. They've only got one album out, but it's a great one once you get used to it. I thought I'd share my favorite song by them, Muizenberg, but I've actually already shared it on the blog. Go listen to it, though. And if you have the chance. go to Muizenberg, because that whole area of the world is absolutely gorgeous. But anyway, since I've shared that, I'll share Lushoto instead. Also a great song, and somehow reminds me of The Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland. In other words, tons of fun. Plus how amazing is it that the video I found has katamari as the video? Gotta love it. And actually, kind of a perfect fit if you think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment