Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mar 19 - Shamir

Today is my last day in the office! I actually can't believe I'm going on vacation tomorrow. The funny part is that I was on vacation just like 3 weeks ago, but the last 3 weeks have been so long that I feel like it's been forever and I need this. Plus I'm really excited about this. It's been almost 2 years to the day that I left South Africa, and now I finally get to go back.

I may end up working a couple of days while I'm there, but that's actually fine. We have a small office, and during the day I have like nothing to do and nobody to see cause everyone works, so why not go work a bit, and hopefully gain back a day of leave in the process? I also have some fun activities planned, of course, but I'll wait until I'm in South Africa to write about them.

But in other things to write about, I was asked to be the best man at a wedding next year for one of my best friend's, Rich, up in Beijing. So that was exciting. First time I'll be a best man, or even part of a wedding, so that's quite exciting. Now to start thinking of speech ideas.

And last thing to write about is today's song, which is On The Regular by Shamir. I just heard about Shamir because of these lists that have been coming out before SXSW, which is going on now. I actually wasn't really sure what I was listening to when I first heard him, but I did know I liked it. Also, I wasn't even sure it was a him I was listening to, but it is in fact. I then learned that he is what's called a contratenor, which is a really interesting voice and sound. And the music is tons of fun. I actually chose to put the video today because I like the video, too. I like how upbeat the music is and how he's just kind of standing there. Or at least doesn't have the same energy I would expect for the music. For some reason it really drew my attention, even though not much is happening. Maybe it's all the colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment