Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mar 26 - Laura Mvula

I had two more game drives today, but I still have to say yesterday was the best. It's hard to best lions and rhinos five feet from your face.

Each day we get a morning and an afternoon game drive, so I was up at 5:15 today for the morning one. I would've thought the animals would be quite active before the day heated up, but there was very little to be seen, except for the ubiquitous zebra, giraffe and various types of antelope. Afternoon drive was a bit better, as we also managed to find hyena, water buffalo and hippos. And we almost got a leopard, but she got away from us. Now I've got one more drive tomorrow morning, then back to Joburg. I think my goal tomorrow is to see a white rhino, which I believe is not too difficult.

As for music, is Laura Mvula today. I wish I could do African music every day I'm in Africa, but I don't know enough. And actually, Laura Mvula isn't African music. But her husband is Zambian and the video for this song, She, was filmed in South Africa. So it's close enough. Also it's a fantastic song off of a fantastic album. It's of her debut, Sing To The Moon, which actually made my top 10 back in 2013, and my love for Laura all started when I first heard this song back in 2012. I hope you love her too.


No comments:

Post a Comment