Sunday, March 1, 2015

Mar 1 - Basecamp

I finally watched the Oscars today. Again with my friend Mathias, same one I watched the Grammys with. I love awards shows, and although he says he's never really watched them, I do believe I've got him into it. Anyway it was a decent show. Neil Patrick Harris was great. My favorite thing about him as a host is how you can tell he thinks his terrible dad jokes are hilarious. He was loving himself. It was pretty great.

I was pretty happy with all the awards for Birdman, because that film is amazing. It's probably the bets film I've seen in years. Just mind-blowing. I've got a lot of love for Wes Anderson and The Grand Budapest Hotel as well, but in this case I was rooting for Birdman. It was great to see Grand Budapest win so many awards, though, because it is also very deserving. The only thing missing in the awards was Interstellar. I'm surprised it didn't get more nominations. I thought that was a great film, too.

And for music, I was torn between two artists today. In the end I chose Basecamp because the other artist is more similar in style to the music I've been sharing the last couple of days, so I thought I'd mix it up and give you something different. Then I'll share that other song later this week. For now, here's 2 Thingz, off of Basecamp's eponymous debut EP, which apparently is like 2 years old, but still quite good. Really chill and all flows together nicely. They also put out a single last year, so hopefully more will be following this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment