Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mar 15 - Misterwives

To follow up an excellent Saturday, I had an excellent Sunday as well. It started out super early, which is not so excellent, but then time was just spent sitting on the couch catching up on TV. So back to excellence. And then I went on an excellent date. First date with this girl Natalie, who I met online. I was quite looking forward to it because we had pretty enjoyable banter leading up to actually meeting, and then the enjoyable banter continued when we were face to face. And to make things even better, she was even prettier in person than she was in her pictures. So that was a pleasant surprise. Oh, and lunch was chicken and waffles. Very, very good chicken and waffles. And the excellence increases. As if that wasn't already enough excellence for 1 day, it is also restaurant week and I had an excellent Moroccan dinner at a fancy new restaurant with some good friends who I haven't seen in like a month. So all in all, an excellent weekend, and an excellent way to spend my last weekend in Shanghai before leaving for 3 weekends on vacation.

And in order to make sure you have a bit of excellence in your weekend, you can go and lsiten to MisterWives. This band is actually much poppier than I usually like, and I listen to them and think that I should not like them. But I do. A surprisingly high amount. I think part of what I love is that they remind me of Alex Winston a bit, both vocally and musically (although she is much less poppy). But they're great. Also similar to Mr Little Jeans, Those Dancing Days or The Jezabels, other groups/artists who I like more than I probably should. Actually, Vagabond, which is my favorite song off of MisterWives debut album, is not toooo poppy. Not compared to others. But still great.



If you really want poppier stuff that is still great, then also listen to Our Own House, the title track off the album, or No Need For Dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment