Sunday, October 11, 2015

Oct 11 - Julia Holter

Today was a pretty perfect Sunday. Grilled cheese sandwiches, wine, puppies, perfect weather, bike rides, ramen, friends. Really excellent. And I applied to jobs with McLaren and LEGO, and already got an email back from the head of HR & Operations for LEGO. It may have only been a 1 day weekend, but it was a very good 1 day.

I also listened to quite a bit of music, as I did spend a lot of time sitting and updating my resume and applying to jobs. Made it through a few albums on my Spotify list of albums to check out. And I made it through the Kacy Hill EP (Bloo) on my iPod like 4 times while biking. Didn't make it much further than that EP, really. It's a good one. But yeah, so I listened to lots of music, most of it just so-so. One of the so-so artists is Julia Holter, who does have one great song I heard in a few places, but then the rest was pretty disappointing. But that good song is Feel You, the opening track on her new album, Have You In My Wilderness. Which, from Spotify, looks to be like her 5th album. In 5 years. That's productivity.


No comments:

Post a Comment