Thursday, October 15, 2015

Oct 15 - Vieux Farka Touré & Julia Easterlin

Another pretty boring day at work. I've just been in the office all day. It's not fun. But I at least I've got stuff to do. Also I identified another job to apply to, this one at Disney. So I'll be doing that soon.

And until then, I'll listen to today's song on repeat. I think it might be one of my top tracks for the year. It's brought to you off the new album touristes, which is a collaboration between Vieux Farka Touré, who I have recently learned is apparently a really famous Malian musician with a famous Malian musician dad, and Julia Easterlin, who I have also found out is a not-famous girl from LA. From what I read she does loopy stuff like Tune-Yards, and any time you mention Tune-Yards you've got my attention. Anyway, this album touristes, is not at all like Tune-Yards. It's half Malian music, and half Malian influenced folky-singer-songwritery stuff. That's what Little Things, the title track, is, and it is beautiful. And the video is adorable. And you will want to listen over and over like me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment