Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Oct 27 - Kurt Vile

I think might be getting sick. Started feeling a bit weird this afternoon, but luckily I had site visits out of the office today so made it home early and took advil and a nap. Now I just finished watching a great film, Beasts of No Nation, and cuddling up in a blanket to try and not feel sick. It helps, blankets are wonderful. Luckily I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, so if I'm not feeling better I can always mention it tomorrow.

When I got home this afternoon and wasn't feeling well, though, Kurt Vile also made me feel better. He belongs to that whole Philadelphia rock scene with bands like The War On Drugs, of which he was a founding member (though is no longer a member). He put out a new album last month called b'lieve i'm goin' down..., which people are loving, as they do him. I'm not huge on this whole Philly rock scene, but I do like it, and from time to time there are great songs (like The War On Drugs' Red Eyes, which is incredible). This new album is very chilled out rock, and it was exactly what I wanted to be listening to this afternoon when I wasn't feeling 100%. So today you get Life Like This, one of the better tracks off of his new album.


No comments:

Post a Comment