Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Oct 13 - Lowell

Well, my work anger was not resolved today. But my work-anger-directed resolve was strengthened. And I did some work so that I can be more persuasive in fixing the problem. Again, not saying too much, this is probably not the correct forum and I don't want to get into it. But I do want this to be done. So annoying.

Today's song is from Lowell, who released her debut album, We Loved Her Dearly, last year. This is another interesting album. Quite poppy, but some interesting sounds. She is on Arts & Crafts, though, same label as Stars and Broken Social Scene, so that's gotta be worth something. And much of it inspired by her time being a stripper. In fact the track I Killed Sara V. is specifically about that, as her stage name was Sara Victoria. Thanks Rolling Stone for that tidbit. Anyway, I'm probably gonna listen again. Not sure it's worth buying, but I'll give it another go. But here's the song that I first heard and caught my attention, The Bells. I don't remember anything else on the album being this good, or quite like this, but this is a great track.


No comments:

Post a Comment