Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Oct 20 - L'Anarchiste

And we're back to boring work stuff. Actually I was pretty busy with work today, and it wasn't so boring, but it's nothing I need to talk about here. Other than work, I applied for 2 jobs today. One with Disney, and one with this random company my friend told me about. And I actually sent my resume to a headhunter as well. I guess I'm getting more serious about this. Headhunters seem serious, anyway. But really, I just want that LEGO job. But I have to wait a month before I can go talk to anyone. Blergh. It'll be worth it if I get it though.

Today we're listening to L'Anarchiste. I heard them a few weeks ago, specifically the song And It Goes, off of their sophomore album, Giant, which came out in July. It took me a couple of weeks to actually get back to them and give them a proper listen, and I am very glad I did. Giant is a fantastic album. The closest thing it reminds me of Milo Greene's debut album, with all it's layers and instrumentation and depth. And it's really got a coherent, cinematic sound to the whole album. But there's also a bit of the intricacy and delicacy of Alt-J, and the distance of Other Lives first album. It's fantastic, really an impressive album. I listened to it like 3 times today. Sadly their first album, The Traveler, wasn't as good, but their eponymous EP that came before that, is also great. I'll probably end up buying everything just to support these guys, though. And you should too. But you can start where I did, with And It Goes. Surprisingly I can't find it streaming on Soundcloud or YouTube, but I've now learned that I can embed songs from Bandcamp. Maybe. I'm not sure it's actually working. But if it does, that's pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment