Thursday, October 29, 2015

Oct 29 - Bob Moses

I don't know how I forgot to tell you about my evangelical cab driver yesterday. I got in this cab, and the guy was nice, but then he wasn't chatty after the first couple minutes, which is great. I love cab drivers like that. But then towards the end of the drive he got a bit chatty again and asked where I was from. When I said the US, he was like "Oh, there's lots of Christians there," to which I said yes. Turns out the guy was Christian, which is actually more common than you'd think here, but people aren't open about it. Then he found out I wasn't, and that I was actually Jewish, and went on for a bit about how silly it is that we Jews don't believe in Jesus. He never really actually tried to convince me or anything, just went on for a bit. Which wasn't offensive, it was more interesting to me because it's so uncommon here. But then at the end, he said "God Bless You" and "Convert soon so you can go to Heaven!" Nice guy.

Then I went to work today. Still fighting this cold, but I'm on the Chinese meds now, so hopefully they'll help. And I went to Elixir tonight, the best hot pot place I know, which they call Health pot instead of hot pot. So I'm also gonna go with that'll make me better in time for the weekend. And I didn't drink and I'm going to bed early. So yay me.

I'm taking it up another level on the upbeatness today, but still staying firmly in chill territory. Bob Moses just put out their debut album, and it's a good one. Don't be fooled by All In All, it's actually just a singles collection in album form. Days Gone By is the real first album. The entire album is great. It's actually hard to pick a standout track. So I just went to Soundcloud, saw they only had 3 songs on there (well, they have more, but there's 3 officially from the album that are not remixes or anything), and picked my favorite of those three. So it's gonna be Tearing Me Up, which sits squarely in the middle of the album as the longest track. And if you like it, go get the album, cause it's all pretty much just like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment