Monday, October 26, 2015

Oct 26 - Raury

Work was long and busy today. I guess it's a good thing I haven't been traveling much, cause I need the time in the office. Although for some reason I haven't been sleeping well the last few Sunday nights, so I was super tired today. Luckily it's the only full day in the office, and tomorrow I don't have to get up early. Which is why I'm still awake at midnight and just said goodbye to Julia. She entered a chili cook-off, but has never made chili, so she cooked some today then brought it over and made me her guinea pig. In return, I showed her The Goonies. Very good trade.

And for your song today, it's Devil's Whisper, a fantastic song off of a fantastic album, All We Need, the debut from Raury. This is genre-bending hip-hop/R&B. A little bit of Kanye. A little bit of Outkast. A little bit of folk and pop. Though not so much in this song, this song is like pure Kanye style. But he is 100% unique. Raury's been getting a lot of hype for the last year or so since he first put out singles and an EP, and I never really got it. Not until I heard this album. This album totally blew me away. Go have a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment