Friday, October 2, 2015

Oct 2 - Nicki Minaj

We drove back to Tbilisi today. That took pretty much the whole day actually. We left at 9, arrived at 5, then I taught Milo how to use a selfie stick and we had a photo shoot, then we had Shabbos dinner, then we chatted a lot, and that was the day. No sightseeing or anything super exciting, but it's great to be back in Tbilisi with Marc and Veronica.

As I've mentioned, Rei has been DJ during all of these drives. Well today we listened to her music. And I told let her pick another song of the day. Yesterday she picked a song which was from my iPod and pre-approved by me. Today she got to pick anything she wanted. So she chose Truffle Butter. This is a song by Nicki Minaj featuring Drake and Lil' Wayne. It is based on the sex act of the same name, which I learned today is a thing. A very unsanitary thing which I want nothing to do with. But I think it's hilarious that this song about this act exists. If you want to know what it is, click here. But you might not want to know. It can't be unlearned. I have a theory that these three friends were in the studio together and one of them was like "hey guys, I just learned about this gross thing called truffle butter" and they all thought it was hilarious and would be a ridiculous premise for a song so they decided to make a comedic song which they then felt had real artistic value and therefore put proper effort into thus creating the single Truffle Butter. I really hope they did not make this video because they enjoy the act of truffle buttering others. But I tip my hat to Rei for an excellent song choice, especially considering the depths of her global pop music collection and what we potentially could have ended up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment