Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Oct 7 - Youth Lagoon

My flights were pretty good. I had booked a rewards flight for the return, and the only thing available (even 3 months ago when I booked it) was a 1 way ticket in business class, which is how I flew back. So I took Turkish Air to Istanbul (hence the last post) and then Asiana from there. Both are great airlines, and business class was lovely. I didn't sleep as much as I would have liked on the long flight between Istanbul and Seoul, but that was more cause of the timing than anything else. But I did take a nap when I got home this afternoon, so that helped for sure and I'm feeling pretty good right now.

On the flight I watched Inside Out (which was really good, and did not make me cry like everyone said it would) and Pitch Perfect 2 (which was not a great film, but which was quite funny). Otherwise, I pretty much read and slept. So when I landed I felt ok (until I got home and into bed), which was good because I expected the longest lines ever at immigration and for taxis. After all, today is the last day of the public holiday and everyone goes back to work tomorrow. But the airport was totally empty. There were literally 2 people in line in front of me at immigration, and then it took about 2 minutes to get into a taxi. I wish it was like that every time. Now I'm unpacked and just hanging out, and need to stay awake for another 4 hours or so, then I'm allowed to fall asleep.

I did get to listen to a bunch of music while reading. I listened to the new Youth Lagoon, which I mentioned the other day, plus I have a lot of new music that I lost the ratings for (I'm kind of OCD about giving all my songs ratings) so got through a lot of that, too. And, as promised, today is my favorite song off of Youth Lagoon's third album which just came out, Savage Hills Ballroom. Youth Lagoon is pretty weird lo-fi, but I really like him and have since his first album. I was thinking the other day about how he probably sounds like a lot of artists that I'm not so into, but something about him just draws me in for some reason. He's also (surprisingly) great live. I saw him at Laneway in Singapore a couple of years ago, and he turned out to be one of my favorite acts of the day. So today is Highway Patrol Stun Gun, the second single and my favorite track off the album.



No comments:

Post a Comment