Friday, October 16, 2015

Oct 16 - Ojos de Brujo

I think this is the first time in months that I've spent an entire week in the office. I'm usually either away on business or find a reason to get out of the office for a day for something. But not this week. Luckily I did have a fair amount of work to keep me busy. And the week ended on a pretty good note, with an acceptable resolution. So that's good. And now I can properly enjoy my weekend, starting with drinks and dinner. Pretty typical Friday night. I was hoping to go to this one Spanish restaurant where I read about some event for Spanish National Day, which the internet tells me was on Tuesday, but as it turns out I'm going to some other Spanish restaurant (which is amazing) which will hopefully have something going on for Spanish National Day. The other place had flamenco, so that'd be pretty sweet if it were the case here, too.

I feel like I should play some Spanish music today, considering that last comment. I kind of want to pick yesterday's song of the day as today's song of the day also, but that won't work. So I was thinking of playing you San Fermin, but maybe that'll wait for tomorrow. Because today, we'll do something for Spain. And that something will be Ojos de Brujo. I haven't listened to this band in forever, but they are fantastic so I'm glad they came up. They're flamenco-hip-hop. More flamenco and less hip-hop, but I'm gonna play you a more hip-hoppy one. Todo Tiende, off of 2007's Techari. Great band, I need to go listen to them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment