Saturday, October 31, 2015

Oct 31 - Adele

Supperclub last night was fantastic. Here's the menu.



It was the 2 year anniversary, so they had a big dinner for 200 people, catered by the Jean Georges team. He has 3 restaurants here in Shanghai, his flagship Jean Georges, serving French food; Marcato, which is more Mediterranean/Italian food and one of my favorite restaurants in Shanghai; and Chi-Q, a Korean place. I haven't been to Jean Georges, but I really want to, and after last night I definitely have to. My favorite dishes were the 3 made by the Jean Georges team, actually in the order they're listed. That foie gras was absolutely insane. I had 3 servings. My heart should have exploded. I would have died so happy, though. The foie gras was so soft and buttery and flavorful, and with the textures from the granola and dried cranberries, and mixed with the sweet and savory flavors, it was perfect. Oh God, I want it again. Now. Every day. Always. Dinner in general was great, but that was definitely the best.

And then this morning I've just been doing some clean up and laundry around the house and I made a costume. I skyped my sister, too, and we looked up easy, last-minute costumes. So now I'm going to be a green Lego brick. Hopefully this will bring me luck in the upcoming job interview. Still not sure what I'm doing tonight, but I'll head over to my friend Zabrina's in a bit and take it from there. But I'm pretty sure death metal concert is out.

Today's song is not Halloween themed at all. Part of me feels like it should be, but then I can't think of anything but Michael Jackson's Thriller. So instead of the King of Pop, it's one of the many Queens, Adele. With her new songs, Hello, which came out last week and is, in typical Adele fashion, wonderful. Unfortunately the video has talking and stuff over it, which is annoying, and there's no Soundcloud version I could find. So you're stuck with this for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment