Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nov 1 - Atlas Bound

Today was a pretty lazy day. As you'd expect after Halloween. I made a Lego costume yesterday, which I was pretty excited to wear out. But I don't think people really got it. Sad Face. After making dinner at my friend Zabrina's place, we ended up doing a quick walk through Yongkang Lu, which is a kind of shitty but also kind of cool bar street, and definitely the place to be last night. It was just a huge street party. It was awesome, despite the broken glasses and drunken assholes and puking. But it was great to see everyone celebrate. Then it was on to Le Baron, the "it" club in Shanghai, which I've heard much about and had never been to. It lived up to my expectations, which were that it would be pretty shitty and there would be no discernible reason why everyone would want to be there, specifically. So that lasted until about 1:30. Then today was movie day. Followed by dinner with my pseudo-mentor, Dave, that used to work at Shantui with me. He's in town for a few days, so we had dinner tonight. Hopefully there will be some more interesting news to share about Dave in the coming days. We'll see.

I had a hard time picking music today, just wasn't sure what to share. Actually I do have a band I want to share, but I don't know which song yet, so that'll have to wait until later in the week. So instead, you get Atlas Bound, a new band that I don't know much about. They've only got a few singles out, and this song, Landed on Mars, was the first I heard. I really like it. Hopefully they keep up with making stuff like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment