Sunday, November 22, 2015

Nov 22 - High Highs

I had a very chill Sunday. Probably because I was recovering from vegetarian Thanksgiving. Who knew you could get so full without eating meat? Well, I was ridiculously, uncomfortably full. As you should be after Thanksgiving. It now has me a bit concerned for next week, though.  But yeah, I did nothing this morning, which was great. And then this afternoon I went to see Spectre. It was just ok, though. I mean, it was a fun, action-packed Bond film, but I feel like everything was too easy and too convenient. The recent films have been really smart and believable (well, as believable as they can be, anyway), and I feel like a lot of thought has gone into filling in the details of the plot to make it more believable. But not so much with this one. It's amazing how fast people can fall in love and how a single bullet can destroy and entire evil lair. But that being said, it was still fun. And the Bond girl this time is Lea Seydoux, who I'm now a bit in love with. How did I not feel this way after Grand Budapest? She was apparently also in that. I think I need to go rewatch it.

Other things I'm enjoying today are High Highs's new single, Cascades. They put out an album, Open Season, back in 2013, which got a lot of attention, but which I remember no being blow away by. The big song then was the title track, Open Season, which is quite good, but yeah, then the album wasn't so great. So now they're back with new music, and again I like the lead single off of whatever album is upcoming, so hopefully I like the second album more than the first.


No comments:

Post a Comment