Thursday, November 12, 2015

Nov 12 - Here We Go Magic

I didn't get to sum up yesterday when I wrote yesterday. But it was a big day. Mostly because it was my sister's birthday (that's all there is to say about that, really. We texted a bit, she's on tour (so fancy) and at pancakes or something and danced), but also because it was the largest global shopping day of the year. 11/11 in China is the equivalent of Cyber Monday in the US, except like a bajillion times bigger. Apparently there were US$4 billion worth of transactions in the first hour, and something like US$17 or US$19 billion in transactions the entire day. This is in comparison to the less than $2 billion that sells on Cyber Monday. And I did my part to help. I wanted to buy a juicer (which I got 3 of. Not just for me, for me and for 2 other friends), but I ended up buying a lot more. Like a blender, and plates, and a wok, and just other random crap. I went a bit crazy. And it's not easy shopping cause it's hard work to get the best deals possible. I probably spent more time trying to figure out which knife or which plate to buy so that I'd get the largest discount even if I was buying a more expensive item. And I didn't even get everything I wanted. I can still think of like half a dozen things I wish I'd bought (which I probably won't now. Or maybe I will anyway...). But I'm excited for things to be delivered this weekend! There will be many boxes, and much juice!

I thought about posting Here We Go Magic last night, because I was in a rush and it was late and I don't have much to say about them. I know I've heard of them before, but I'm not sure I'd heard them before listening to their newest album, Be Small, or if I'd just heard of them. But their new album isn't great, so I'm ok with not knowing more. Except for one track, Tokyo London US Korea. This is a good one. And these are all great places.


No comments:

Post a Comment