Thursday, November 5, 2015

Nov 5 - Fat Freddy's Drop

There was some super shitty weather yesterday. Which meant that I was late getting home and very rushed to make my dinner plans. Normally I would have just written something after dinner, but I had people over after dinner last night. So I had to just be quick about it yesterday.

My friend Lizzy's girlfriend Zoe has been in town, and just left today, so last night was her last dinner. Well, when I say she was in town, I mean she came to Shanghai for a night, then they went to Japan for 5 days, then came back for like 2 nights. So I actually saw Zoe twice, and have met her plenty of times before, but on her first night in town we were all out to dinner for hot pot (Zoe's favorite, which is why we had it last night, too) and discussed a Japanese whiskey night for when they were back. Which is why we all came to my place after hotpot last night, since I've got all the Japanese whiskey from my last trip, and then Zoe and Lizzy also brought an extra bottle. It was a pretty great way to spend a Wednesday night, but then I got like no sleep and had to be in training all day today. Training was very good, but I'm exhausted now and my brain isn't working properly. Maybe you can tell by reading this, I feel like I'm just making words up that don't make sense together. Sorry about that.

So tonight's music will be an easy one. It's Fat Freddy's Drop, which should need no introduction cause they've been around forever (not that I actually know anything about them other than that they're British). They have a new album out, BAYS, and the opening track, Wairunga Blues, is great. And just like yesterday, it's also not anywhere streaming on the internet, except Spotify, so I'm using the rare Spotify embed, which I actually hate doing. I don't know why.




No comments:

Post a Comment