Friday, November 27, 2015

Nov 27 - Gary Clark Jr.

Flying Lotus last night was pretty awesome. It was pretty much just a DJ set, not like a live concert, but he did also rap on a few of his songs. The music was great, though, and the sound system, too. But the best part of the night was the visuals. He stands in front of a screen with his laptop and whatever other machines he's got up there, and that's behind a somewhat transparent second screen. So while he's DJing, he has videos playing on both the screens in front of and behind him, creating awesome 3D visuals. And they're super cool and trippy. It was one of the most visually stimulating concerts I've ever been to.

Then today was pretty calm. Again, I was working from home. And I got more work done today than yesterday. Still only the minimum required work, though. Otherwise I skyped my parents, got a haircut, and found a new Japanese place. The only thing I didn't get done was a nap, which I really wanted, but now I have no time cause I'm having dinner with my Chinese friend over in Pudong, and being Chinese dinner must be at 6pm. So no naps for me.

Surprisingly, I didn't listen to as much music as I would have expected while working from home. So for today's song, I went through my long list of best albums of the year, and found that there was only one artist on that long list who I did not share any music by this year. So today is Gary Clark Jr.'s day. I'm actually surprised to see he's never made it on my blog. I love his first album, Blak and Blu, which came out back in 2012. And this year's The Story of Sonny Boy Slim is also a great one. I'm not sure it'll be in the Top 10, but still a great album. So I'll share one of my favorite tracks off of it, Grinder.


No comments:

Post a Comment