Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Nov 25 - Golden Youth

I didn't have to go to the office today! Well, that's only half true. I did go, but then I left an hour later to drive 2 hours to a small city called Yixing to meet a potential customer who had apparently already purchased a competitor's machine, unbeknownst to us, but we sat and had a chat and then drove 2 hours back. I actually could have gotten a lot more done at the office today, compared to accomplishing nothing on this visit. But at least it's left me with stuff to do when working from home tomorrow so that I actually feel like I've accomplished some work and not just found an excuse not to go to the office.

In other news, Sean is visiting, as I mentioned. I saw him for about 5 minutes last night. He was supposed to get in at 5:40, but thanks to the snow up north, there were delays and the trains ran slow, so he finally got in at 10:00, and to mine around 10:45. Poor guy. But he's been exploring today, and now I'm off to meet him at the grilled cheese shop! My favorite!

I'm not sure where I found Golden Youth, but here they are. They put out an album back in 2013 (called Quiet Frame; Wild Light. I like the use of the semicolon) and an EP in 2014 (called The Cabin), of which I've only heard the latter. It's ok, nothing great, but I do really like the last track, Stars Apart. Especially from about the 3:15 mark. So it's today's song.


No comments:

Post a Comment