Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Nov 3 - Royal Canoe

I missed yesterday. Which you already know. It was not expected. Originally I planned to go and buy ceramics at Spin, the place I mentioned last week, have dinner and come home, all in the company of my friend Julia. Which is exactly what happened. But then we walked past a friend's restaurant (Dahliah's. I've talked about it at length cause of the falafel) we decided to stop in and say hi. There were closed yesterday, but Dahliah and her boyfriend Daniel were there. So a quick hello turned into beers until midnight. Which was great, but definitely not in the plan. Julia and I even talked at dinner about how much we liked going out for a bit to dinner then getting home with a little alone time before going to bed, and that was exactly what was supposed to have happened, then it didn't. But then I got home and set up my new ceramics, and today I bought some bamboo to put in them. I'll post a picture once I'm here when there's sunlight and I get a good one. Sadly it's now dark by the time I get home, but I should be able to get a good one on Thursday or Friday, cause I won't be at the office.

Today's song is brought to you by Royal Canoe. This is a band that I just heard, but they put out their only album back in 2013. It's not a great album, just ok, but there's on awesome song on it, Exodus of the Year. Sounds a lot like Stars. Which I love, obviously. In fact I even looked them up to see if maybe they were somehow related to that whole Broken Social Scene family that Stars is a part of. They're not, but they are also Canadian. And they've toured with Alt-J and Bombay Bicycle Club, so I had high hopes, but wasn't too impressed overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment